Browse A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies, procedures and guidelines contained in the Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by management area, keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine in the main menu bar located at the top of this page.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education and Acknowledgment PolicyThis policy provides the key principles which state VU's commitment to pursuing social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and to the improvement of Indigenous Australian education and employment outcomes.
- Academic Board Regulations 2017These Regulations prescribe the composition and functioning of the Academic Board at Victoria University.
- Academic Integrity GuidelinesThis Guideline aims to assist academic and teaching staff to prevent, detect and respond to breaches of academic integrity.
- Academic Integrity PolicyThe purpose of this Policy is to ensure that:
a. Victoria University takes a consistent approach to academic integrity;
b. Students and staff are aware of the importance of presenting authentic work that is their own, and acknowledging the work of others; and
c. A basis for detecting and addressing breaches of academic integrity is provided.
- Academic Progress - Foundations Studies ProcedureThis Procedure provides a framework for the monitoring of course progress for students enrolled in non-award Foundations courses.
- Academic Progress - Unsatisfactory Academic Progress Procedure (HE)This Procedure outlines the process by which Victoria University will monitor and manage academic progress for students enrolled in higher education coursework.
- Academic Progress Regulations 2016The objective of these Regulations is to provide for an academic progress review to determine whether a student has maintained satisfactory academic progress and to support the outcomes of such reviews.
- Admissions - VET Course Admissions and Pre-Training Review ProcedureThe aim of this Procedure is to provide clear guidance to staff about the processes, documentation and communication in relation to:
a. informing prospective students about courses and VET course admissions requirements; and
b. the Pre-Training Review
- Admissions PolicyThis Policy:
a.Provides a clear set of principles to guide Victoria University in the admission of students to all courses of study;
b.Provides a statement of the relevant authorities and responsibilities.
- Admissions ProcedureThe Admissions Procedure outlines the process of admission of domestic applicants to any course of study at Victoria University.
- Animal Welfare Complaints ProcedureThe updates follow a review of the Animal Welfare Policy suite and include minor updates to roles and responsibilities, and update to the new Procedure template.
- Animal Welfare Non-Compliant Events Procedure The purpose of this Procedure is to ensure appropriate investigation and management of any non-compliant events in relation to the use of animals or animal tissue, in accordance with sections 5.9 and 5.10 of the current Australian Code for the Care and Use of Animals for Scientific Purposes (referred to as "the Code").
- Animal Welfare PolicyThis Policy provides a framework to:
a.ensure the ethical, humane and responsible treatment of animals in all aspects of teaching, learning and research at Victoria University);
b.ensure the ethical and responsible treatment of animal tissue in all aspects of teaching, learning and research at VU; and
c.ensure the University's compliance with all relevant statutes, codes and guidelines.
- Anti-Corruption and Fraud Prevention PolicyAn update to a position title has been made to Part C Clause 14.
- Anti-Corruption and Fraud Prevention ProcedureThis version has been updated to reflect correct position titles in Section Part A (Roles & Responsibilities) and Clause 14.
- Appropriate Workplace Behaviour - Staff-Authored Texts ProcedureSets out the University's expectations for the use of staff-authored texts and other resources that are provided on a commercial (for-profit) basis, and that are required and/or recommended as study materials for students.
- Appropriate Workplace Behaviour PolicyThe purpose of this Policy is to promote a professional, inclusive, safe and productive workplace at Victoria University.
This Policy replaces the Staff Code of Conduct Policy, a copy of which can be found under the 'Historic Versions' tab.
- Assessment for Learning - Adjustments to Assessment Procedure (HE)This Procedure covers the various forms of adjustments to assessment available to students.
- Assessment for Learning - Examination Administration ProcedureThis Procedure defines the administration of centrally administered and College administered onshore examinations.
- Assessment for Learning - Management of Results and Grade Sets Procedure (HE)The procedure has been reviewed and information added to explain how VU calculates GPA. the GPA calculation guide has also been updated to make it easier to read.
- Assessment for Learning - Moderation and Validation Procedure (HE)This Procedure provides direction about the requirement for moderation and validation of assessment tasks.
- Assessment for Learning - Review of Individual Assessment Outcomes Procedure (HE)This Procedure provides direction on how students in higher education courses may seek a review of an assessment outcome.
- Assessment for Learning - Standards for Assessment Procedure (HE)This Procedure provides minimum standards for assessment of student work in the higher education courses.
- Assessment for Learning - Supplementary Assessment and Conceded Pass Procedure (HE)This Procedure governs the University's use of supplementary assessment and conceded passes.
- Assessment for Learning PolicyThis Policy provides principles to be used in the assessment of all student work at VU.
11/1/16 uploaded Graduate Capabilities Guidelines, Unit of Study Guide Template. Minor edits.
30/3/16 updated Unit of Study Guide Template link.
- Awards Regulations - Academic Dress ProcedureRewrite of Procedure.
- Awards Regulations - Academic Transcripts ProcedureThis Procedure provides direction around the provision of academic transcripts for students of all Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training courses.
- Awards Regulations - Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements ProcedureThis Procedure governs the format of and recipient eligibility for the Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement (AHEGS). AHEGS is provided by VU to all graduates of a self-accredited Award course.
- Awards Regulations - Awards and Testamurs ProcedureThis Procedure update clarifies the timeframes for conferral of VET Awards, in accordance with ASQA guidelines.
- Awards Regulations - Certificate of Achievement or Participation Procedure
- Awards Regulations - Conferral of Aegrotat and Posthumous Awards ProcedureThis version has minor amendments to the Roles and Responsibilities section.
- Awards Regulations - Statement of Attainment ProcedureThis is the second version of this Procedure to be uploaded to the Policy Library. Vocational Education component added to procedure. The VUIT Leadership Team endorsed the procedure.
- Awards Regulations - Victoria University Extra Transcript ProcedureThis Procedure provides the criteria and processes for approving and issuing Victoria University extra transcripts to eligible students.
- Awards Regulations 2017This Regulation provides the basis for the University to issue Awards, including aerogrotat and posthumous awards, and provides specifications as to the appropriate academic dress to be worn at graduation ceremonies.