Browse A - Z
- Information Security - Internet Filtering ProcedureThe purpose of this Procedure is to:
a. Ensure that all University use of the Internet is legal, and complies with Victoria University values and policies.
b. Ensure staff and students have access to web sites and Internet services legitimately needed for their University work.
- Information Security - IT Security Audit Authorities ProcedureThe IT Security Audit Procedure outlines Information Technology staff having an authority to conduct a security audit on any system at Victoria University and supports the Information Security Policy.
- Information Security - User Access Management ProcedureThis Procedure defines the procedures in place for granting, modifying, removing, and reviewing user access privileges to VU systems and applications in order to protect the privacy, security, and confidentiality of University information assets and systems.
- Information Security - Virus Protection ProcedureThe purpose of the Virus Protection Procedure is to ensure the effective and efficient prevention, containment or minimisation of damage to the organisation from computer viruses and supports the Information Technology Security Policy.
- Information Security PolicyThis document defines Victoria University’s high level information security requirements based on the ISO 27001:2013 standard, NIST Cybersecurity Framework and other industry best practices, enabling the University to minimize information security risk and efficiently respond to incidents.
- Intellectual Property Regulations 2013The objective of this Regulations is to make further provision about intellectual property, in accordance with the Governance, Academic and Student Affairs Statute 2013.
- International Student Transfer PolicyThe Policy and Procedure has been reviewed to improve clarity, confirm compliance with ESOS and ensure alignment between the VU operational groups responsible for managing the end-to-end process.
- International Student Transfer ProcedureThe Procedure has been reviewed to improve clarity, confirm compliance with ESOS and ensure alignment between the VU operational groups responsible for managing the end-to-end process.
- Investment PolicyThis Policy establishes a framework within which the funds are available for investment to the Victoria University, (VU) and investing, monitoring and evaluating of VU’s investment funds.
- Investment ProcedureMinor changes have been made to the Procedure to align with changes to the Policy, approved by Council in October 2022.
- IT Appropriate Use - Email ProcedureThe Email Procedure replaces Email Guidelines and has been updated to reflect current processes for the use of University email services.
- IT Appropriate Use - Internal Mailing Lists ProcedureThis Procedure outlines using internal mailing lists as an effective way of sending bulk email communications to Victoria University staff and/or students and supports the IT Appropriate Use Policy.
- IT Appropriate Use - Mobile Phone Usage Reimbursement ProcedureThis Procedure ensures the of IT Appropriate Use policy and defines the process for the reimbursement of costs and charges as a result of excessive personal use of Victoria University issued mobile phones and devices.
- IT Appropriate Use - Use of Personal Devices ProcedureThe Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Procedure defines the obligations of authorised users connecting to the University environment through a personally owned device.
- IT Appropriate Use PolicyThe IT Appropriate Use Policy has been updated following a review to provide more clarity for the provision and use of Information Technology assets.
- IT Hardware and Software - Business Application ProcedureThis Procedure replaces the IT Hardware and Software - Cloud and Management Services Procedure and IT Hardware and Software - Software Application Procedure and supports the University’s preferred position to adopt a cloud-first approach when implementing new applications and systems through the use of cloud computing services
- IT Hardware and Software - Cloud Storage ProcedureThe purpose of this Procedure is to define Victoria University’s position on the use of cloud storage and similar services for the storing and sharing of VU data and information.
- IT Hardware and Software - Disposal and Cleansing of VU IT Equipment ProcedureThis Procedure ensures that all Victoria University-related information is adequately removed from IT equipment (includes equipment being sold internally or externally, re-allocated to other departments within the University, trade-in to a vendor or supplier, return on end of lease, loan to any entity, donation or physical destruction of equipment (including collection by rubbish removalists) prior to disposal.
- IT Hardware and Software - Procurement of Hardware and Software ProcedureThis Procedure has been updated following a review of the IT Hardware and Software suite. The Suite has been streamlined to ensure content is simplified; relevant to each Procedure, as well as updates to Department names and position titles.
- IT Hardware and Software PolicyThis Policy outlines the principles of Victoria University’s provision and support of hardware and software to staff and students.
- IT Hardware and Software ProcedureThe purpose of this Procedure is to:
a. Provide a framework for the acquisition and support of all desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, tablets and slates, operating systems, email system and software suites.
b. Promote the use of standard software and hardware to ensure the University leverages assets effectively; and, ensure business operations are supported.
c. Inform staff and students of software usage and licensing obligations.
d. Provide the principles that govern the management of University Business and Research Applications.
e. Provide guidance to Colleges and business units for the management of leased IT equipment.
f. Ensure the correct disposal and data cleansing of Victoria University desktop computers, laptops and other IT equipment