Browse A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies, procedures and guidelines contained in the Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by management area, keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine in the main menu bar located at the top of this page.
- Payroll Services ProcedureThe purpose of this Procedure is to:
a. outline the principles, processes and procedures University employees are required to observe in relation to payroll services.
b. assist in ensuring that University employees are paid in a timely manner and in accordance with relevant awards, enterprise agreements, contracts of employment and various legislative requirements including the ATO.
- Police Checks and Working with Children Checks for Students Policy and ProceduresThis Policy and Procedure outlines the limits of the University's responsibility vis a vis the police check and working with children check requirements;
articulates the responsibility of the University to inform prospective and enrolled students of the requirement; and
outlines the support the University provides students who require satisfactory police checks and/or working with children checks.
- Probation GuidelinesThis Guideline describes how to implement Victoria University's Probation Policy for new staff.
- Probation Policy and ProcedureThis Policy and Procedure gives effect to the processes and procedures which are intended to support and develop new staff in their careers at Victoria University, (VU) by providing fair and equitable planning and review processes during the staff member's probationary period of employment. These processes should ensure new staff are appropriately equipped and supported to meet the performance expectations of the position they hold with VU.
- Professional Development for Members and Office Bearers of Governance Boards and Committees Policy and ProceduresThis Policy is under review and will be replaced with a new policy or procedure in the near future.
- Professional Development Policy and ProcedureThis Policy provides the framework for professional development for all staff across the University. Updates made to the Policy and Procedure ensure the Policy reflects the University’s diversity and inclusion requirements and compliance with WEGA requirements. In addition, study leave eligibility provisions are linked to current EBA provisions, with approvals taking into consideration operational needs of the area.
- Protected Disclosure PolicyThis Policy states Victoria University's commitment to meeting its obligations under the Protected Disclosure Act 2012 (the PD Act) and ensure that:
a. Staff and students should note that the processes and obligations established by the PD Act are significantly different from those created by its predecessor legislation, the Whistleblowers Protection Act 2001.
b. Any member of the University community considering making a disclosure should carefully read both this Policy and the accompanying Protected Disclosure Procedures.
- Protected Disclosure ProcedureThis Procedure supports the Protected Disclosure Act of 2012. The purpose of this Act is to encourage and facilitate the making of disclosures of improper conduct by public officers and public bodies, including the University and its employees.
- Public Complaints PolicyThis Policy provides for the fair and prompt handling of complaints by members of the public about any aspect of the University, its staﬀ, students or operations.
- Purchasing (Credit) Cards PolicyThe purpose of this Policy is to:
a. Establish clear rules and conditions on the use, administration and management of Victoria University credit cards; and
b. Establish a clear understanding of what credit cards must not be used for.
- Purchasing (Credit) Cards Procedure This Procedure establishes:
a. processes that support the University's policy on University credit cards;
b. work directions that apply to the use, administration and management of University credit cards;
c. clear business rules that ensure integrity and adequate control over the use of University credit cards.
- Purchasing - Procurement Authorising Board ProcedureThis Procedure provides the terms of reference, structure, composition and operating instructions for the VU Procurement Authorising Board.
- Purchasing PolicyThe purpose of this Policy is to establish a framework within which all purchases of goods and services will be made. Where existing contracts or arrangement do not meet the purchasing needs of the business unit or college, the Purchasing department can assist with the appropriate sourcing and contracting activity.
- Purchasing ProcedureThe purpose of this Procedure is to outline the processes by which the University's purchasing should be done and support the effectiveness and efficiency of the centralised purchasing function. This procedure should be read in conjunction with the Purchasing Policy.