Browse A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies, procedures and guidelines contained in the Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by management area, keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine in the main menu bar located at the top of this page.
- Aboriginal Education and Cultural Equity PolicyThis Policy update includes minor nomenclature changes, and has been renamed the Aboriginal Education and Cultural Equity Policy.
- Academic Board ProcedureThis Procedure provides members of the University with an understanding of the values, operations and responsibilities of the Academic Board and its committees.
- Academic Board Regulations 2017The purpose of these Regulations prescribes the composition and functioning of the Academic Board at Victoria University.
- Academic Integrity GuidelinesThis Guideline aims to assist academic and teaching staff to prevent, detect and respond to breaches of academic integrity.
- Academic Integrity PolicyThis Policy ensures -
a. Victoria University takes a consistent approach to academic integrity;
b. students and staff are aware of the importance of presenting authentic work that is their own and acknowledging the work of others; and
c. a basis for detecting and addressing breaches of academic integrity is provided.
- Academic Progress - Academic Progress Procedure (HE)This Procedure outlines the process by which Victoria University will monitor and manage academic progress for students enrolled in higher education coursework.
- Academic Progress - ELICOS ProcedureThis Procedure monitors course progress for ELICOS students.
- Academic Progress - Foundations Studies ProcedureThis Procedure provides a framework for the monitoring of course progress for students enrolled in non-award Foundations courses.
- Academic Progress Regulations 2016The purpose of these Regulations provides for an academic progress review to determine whether a student has maintained satisfactory academic progress and to support the outcomes of such reviews.
- Admissions - Course Admissions and Pre-Training Review Procedure (VET)This Procedure provides clear guidance to staff about the processes, documentation and communication in relation to:
a. informing prospective students about courses and VET course admissions requirements; and
b. the Pre-Training Review.
- Admissions - English Language Admission Requirements ProcedureThis Procedure provides direction on the formulation, amendment and approval of English language requirements for admission to Victoria University courses.
- Admissions PolicyThe Policy and Procedure have been reviewed to ensure compliance with the HESF, the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018.
- Admissions ProcedureThis Procedure has been reviewed to ensure alignment with the HESF, the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018.
- Animal Welfare Complaints ProcedureThis Procedure ensures appropriate investigation of and response to any complaints received about a VU AEC approved project or animal use and or welfare at Victoria University.
- Animal Welfare Non-Compliant Events Procedure This Procedure ensures appropriate investigation and management of any non-compliant events in relation to the use of animals or animal tissue, in accordance with sections 5.9 and 5.10 of the current Australian Code for the Care and Use of Animals for Scientific Purposes.
- Animal Welfare PolicyThis Policy provides a framework to:
a. ensure the ethical, humane and responsible treatment of animals in all aspects of teaching, learning and research at Victoria University;
b. ensure the ethical and responsible treatment of animal tissue in all aspects of teaching, learning and research at VU; and
c. ensure the University's compliance with all relevant statutes, codes and guidelines.
- Appropriate Workplace Behaviour - Staff-Authored Texts ProcedureThis Procedure sets out the University's expectations for the use of staff-authored texts and other resources that are provided on a commercial (for-profit) basis, and that are required and/or recommended as study materials for students.
- Appropriate Workplace Behaviour PolicyThis Policy promotes a professional, inclusive, safe and productive workplace at Victoria University.
- Assessment for Learning - Adjustments to Assessment Procedure (HE)This update involves the removal of special covid-19 arrangements.
- Assessment for Learning - Assessment Procedure (VET)This Procedure outlines the requirements for the planning and conducting of assessment.
- Assessment for Learning - Examination Administration ProcedureThis Procedure defines the administration of centrally administered and College administered onshore examinations.
- Assessment for Learning - Management of Results and Grade Sets Procedure (HE)This Procedure provides -
1. the accepted grade set in use at Victoria University (VU) for all Higher Education (HE) coursework units, including HE Non-Award units where performance is being assessed by the University;
2. the process to be used in entering and managing student results, and defines responsibilities within this process; and
3. the explains the use of Grade Point Average and Weighted Average marks at VU.
- Assessment for Learning - Moderation and Validation Procedure (HE)This Procedure provides direction about the requirement for moderation and validation of assessment tasks.
- Assessment for Learning - Resulting Procedure (VET)This Procedure outlines the requirements for the processing of unit assessment outcomes.
- Assessment for Learning - Review of Individual Assessment Outcomes Procedure (HE)This Procedure provides direction on how students in higher education courses may seek a review of an assessment outcome.
- Assessment for Learning - Standards for Assessment Procedure (HE)This Procedure has been updated as part of implementation of an eight week postgraduate block. The definition of Block has been updated, and
clarification to ensure that clear settings are available to students and those who provide advice to students in a timely way.
- Assessment for Learning - Supplementary Assessment and Conceded Pass Procedure (HE)This Procedure governs the University's use of supplementary assessment and conceded passes.
- Assessment for Learning PolicyThis Policy ensures that student coursework assessment -
1. is aligned with the vision, mission, values and behaviours expressed in the University's Strategic Plan, the requirements of the VU Curriculum Blueprint; and with all requirements of the unit(s) of competency from National Training Package qualifications or other externally accredited VET courses;
2. complies with relevant regulatory frameworks, including the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015, the Australian Qualifications Framework and the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (2015); and
3. is congruent with all related university policies and procedures.
- Awards Regulations - Academic Dress ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the provision of academic dress to graduands, graduates and staff.
- Awards Regulations - Academic Transcripts ProcedureThis Procedure provides direction around the provision of academic transcripts for students of all Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training courses.
- Awards Regulations - Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements ProcedureThis Procedure governs the format of and recipient eligibility for the Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement (AHEGS). AHEGS is provided by Victoria University to all graduates of a Higher Education Award course.
- Awards Regulations - Awards and Testamurs ProcedureThis Procedure describes the process by which students who have successfully completed the requirements for an Award of Victoria University have their Award conferred by the issuance of a Testamur.
- Awards Regulations - Certificate of Participation Procedure (VET)The Procedure has been amended significantly to bring it in line with the Non-Award Course policy changes for HE and VET. The scope has been narrowed to apply to only VET non-award courses as HE non-award documentation is now only issued through academic transcripts produced from VU Connect (and no longer covered by this Procedure).
- Awards Regulations - Conferral of Aegrotat and Posthumous Awards ProcedureThis Procedure covers the eligibility for, and granting of Victoria University Aegrotat and Posthumous Awards for higher education, Vocational Education and Training and research students.
- Awards Regulations - Graduation Administration ProcedureThis Procedure sets out requirements for the management and conduct of graduation ceremonies at Victoria University (VU).
- Awards Regulations - Statement of Attainment Procedure (VET)The Procedure had minor updates to reflect operational and system changes, for example, removal of references to manually maintaining a central register (as information is now held in the student system), as well as updates to links.
- Awards Regulations - Student Speaker ProcedureThis procedure sets out the process for selecting Student Speakers to deliver the farewell address on behalf of graduates at Victoria University graduation ceremonies.
- Awards Regulations - Victoria University Extra Transcript ProcedureThis Procedure provides the criteria and processes for approving and issuing Victoria University extra transcripts to eligible students.
- Awards Regulations 2018This Regulation provides the basis for the University to issue Awards, including aerogrotat and posthumous awards, and provides specifications as to the appropriate academic dress to be worn at graduation ceremonies. This intent of this update is to distinguish between honorary and non-honorary testamurs, and incorporate detail regarding the inclusion of RTO Codes in Testamurs.