Browse A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies, procedures and guidelines contained in the Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by management area, keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine in the main menu bar located at the top of this page.
- Safety and Welfare of Children and Young People - International Student Welfare ProcedureThis Procedure establishes a transparent process for the welfare and care of international students under the age of eighteen studying onshore at Victoria University.
- Safety and Welfare of Children and Young People PolicyThis Policy outlines VU's staff responsibilities under the Victorian Child Safe Standards and VU's commitment to the protection, welfare and support of children and young people under 18 years of age. This Policy replaces the Management of Underage Students Policy.
- Safety and Welfare of Children and Young People ProcedureThis Procedure outlines Victoria University's responsibilities towards the safety and welfare of young people under 18 years of age.
- Salary Packaging PolicyThis Policy has been updated with minor changes to ensure clarity of staff entitlements, and reflects organisational structure.
- Scholarships - Undergraduate and Vocational Education Policy and ProceduresThis Policy and Procedure provides a framework for the management and implementation of the Victoria University Access Scholarships Program, and the Commonwealth Scholarships Program at Victoria University as set out in the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Education) 2010, Higher Education Support Act 2003 and ensures:
a. that the University meets its obligations for the delivery of Commonwealth Scholarships.
b. that the University assists students in need and meets its obligations for complementary scholarships about the Commonwealth Scholarships.
c. to detail the eligibility, selection criteria and procedures for the Victoria University Access Scholarships and Commonwealth Scholarships.
- Sexual Assault Response PolicyThis Policy affirms Victoria University's commitment to:
a. Providing a safe and respectful environment for work and study for all members of the University community.
b. Proactively addressing any environmental factors within the University's control which may contribute to sexual assaults involving members of the University community.
c. Responding compassionately, appropriately and quickly to disclosures made by victims of sexual assault.
- Sexual Assault Response ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the University’s processes in its support and referral role when responding to an allegation of a sexual offence that has a connection with the University’s students, staff, precincts, or with activities conducted by or on behalf of the University.
- Sexual Harassment Response - Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Preventing Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH) ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the processes Victoria University (VU) will follow to ensure compliance with its reporting obligations to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s (DFAT) Preventing Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH) Policy.
- Sexual Harassment Response PolicyThis Policy affirms Victoria University's commitment to providing a work and study environment that is characterised by respect and collegiality and is, as far as possible, free of sexual harassment.
- Sexual Harassment Response ProcedureThis Procedure guides Victoria University in its support, referral, and investigation when responding to an allegation of a sexual harassment that has a connection with the University’s students, staff, precincts, or with activities conducted by or on behalf of the University.
- Space Allocation and Management PolicyThis Policy outlines the principles for allocation and management of Victoria University space.
- Space Allocation and Management ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the processes for the allocation and management of University space.
- Special Studies Program PolicyThis Policy has been updated to include reference to the Block Model, and the Procedure has been updated based on recommendations of the SSP Review Report.
- Special Studies Program ProcedureThe Policy has been updated to include reference to the Block Model, and the Procedure has been updated based on recommendations of the SSP Review Report.
- Staff Complaints Resolution PolicyThis Policy has been updated to update terminology and clarify scope.
- Staff Complaints Resolution ProcedureThis Procedure has been updated to update terminology and clarify scope.
- Staff Disability and Accessibility PolicyThis Policy ensures Victoria University builds and maintains a diverse and inclusive workforce and workplace by providing an environment where the staff of all abilities are valued, supported and encouraged, and can carry out their roles at the University to the fullest extent possible.
- Staff Disability and Accessibility ProcedureThis Procedure describes how to request, develop and implement a reasonable adjustment to accommodate a disability/medical condition, including temporary medical conditions.
- Student Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy and ProceduresThis Policy ensures:
a. that students undertake their activities unaffected by the use of alcohol and other drugs;
b. where legal substances are used, that this occurs with responsibility and moderation;
c. environments free of inadvertent social pressure to use drugs or consume alcohol.
- Student Appeals ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the process by which specific decisions of the University may be appealed and is governed by the Student Appeals Regulations 2019.
- Student Appeals Regulations 2019This Regulations provide for the appeal of University decisions relating to student affairs.
- Student Charter PolicyThis Policy explains the operation of the Student Charter, which outlines the rights and responsibilities of students while studying at Victoria University.
- Student Clinics PolicyThis Policy outlines Victoria University's (VU) commitment to:
a. The safety of students, staff and consumers in its Clinics; and
b. To provide appropriate quality management systems and processes to achieve safe, client-centred and effective care consistent with the Australian Safety and Quality Framework for Health Care and is to be read in conjunction with the Student Clinics Procedure.
- Student Clinics ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the clinical governance around systems and processes in Victoria University’s VU Student Clinics and supports the Student Clinics Policy. It provides information and associated documentation to guide specific situations, including the safety of students, staff and client-care in VU Clinics.
- Student Complaints PolicyThis Policy provides for the fair and prompt resolution of student complaints in a manner that is consistent with Victoria University's values.
- Student Complaints ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the steps for students and Victoria University staﬀ to follow in handling student complaints. The governing policy for this Procedure is the Student Complaints Policy.
- Student Equity and Social Inclusion PolicyThis Policy gives effect to Victoria University's commitment to the promotion of equity and social justice for students.
- Student Groups Leadership and Representation - Student Group Establishment, Affiliation and Funding ProcedureThe Policy and Procedure have minor updates to roles and responsibilities, scope (in particular in relation to VUSU), definitions and hyperlinks.
- Student Groups Leadership and Representation PolicyThe Policy and Procedure have minor updates to roles and responsibilities, scope (in particular in relation to VUSU), definitions and hyperlinks.
- Student Loan and Grant Fund PolicyThis Policy governs the administration of the loans and grants provided to students by the University to assist them with meeting the cost of studying, as assessed and approved by Student Support.
- Student Loan and Grant Fund ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the process for the administration of the loans and grants provided to students by the University to assist them with meeting the cost of studying.
- Student Misconduct ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the process by which alleged student misconduct issues will be handled and describes the penalties that will apply, if allegations are proven and is governed by the Student Misconduct Regulations 2019.
- Student Misconduct Regulations 2019The Regulations define student misconduct and the applicable sanctions under the Governance, Academic and Student Affairs Statute 2013 and provide a framework for responding to student misconduct.
- Student Retention and Success GuidelineThis Guideline outlines supporting the Student Retention and Success Policy and the Academic Progress - Academic Progress Procedure (HE).
- Student Retention and Success PolicyThis Policy expresses Victoria University's commitment to supporting the success of all its students and proactively working to retain and enrich their experiences during their studies.
- Student Volunteering PolicyThis Policy outlines the roles and responsibilities in relation to volunteer supervision; includes a reference to the Fair Work Act 2009, and recommends the development of position descriptions for volunteer positions.
- Supervision - Supervisor Registration and Development ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the requirements and processes around the registration of Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Supervisors.
- Supervision PolicyThe Policy has been reviewed and updated to clarify policy principles and expectations, as well as remove repetition. It also provides closer alignment to the principles of the Appropriate Workplace Behaviour Policy.