Browse A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies, procedures and guidelines contained in the Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by management area, keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine in the main menu bar located at the top of this page.
- Health and Safety - Accountability and Responsibilities ProcedureThis Procedure ensures all Victoria University staff understand and comply with their health, safety and wellbeing accountabilities and responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (2004) VIC and reinforced by the University’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Health and Safety - Asbestos Management ProcedureThis Procedure is to prevent asbestos-related disease resulting from exposure to airborne asbestos in the workplace and to ensure asbestos-containing materials are managed and controlled according to Victorian and Australian legislative requirements.
- Health and Safety - Chemical Management ProcedureThis Procedure outlines a chemical management system so that the risk of incidents, illnesses or injuries associated with the use, storage and transport of chemicals is eliminated or effectively controlled to:
a. Provide instruction on the necessary chemical hazard and chemical risk control measures.
b. Inform Victoria University, (VU) staff and students of legislative and regulatory requirements for the safe storage, handling, use and disposal of chemicals used and stored at VU.
- Health and Safety - Confined Spaces ProcedureThis Procedure has been reviewed and includes the following changes:
1. The requirement for externally accredited and current Confined Space Entry and Risk Assessment training for persons signing entry permits.
2. The requirement for all entrants to provide evidence of accredited and current Confined Space Entry training before entry.
3. Trained VU Facilities representatives are responsible for assessment and competition of confined space risk assessments and entry permits
4. The requirement for a rescue plan and ready access to first aid during confined space entries
5. Update of Confined Space Risk Assessment and Confined Space Permit forms with minor changes and both forms now in portrait
- Health and Safety - Contractor Classification ProcedureThis Procedure classifies the types of contractors who are engaged by VU and directs the Manager or Employee to the appropriate contractor management procedure (i.e. general contractors, capital planning or outsourcing major services). These procedures are then used to ensure the health and safety of contractors and any other people who could potentially be affected by the contractor's activities.
- Health and Safety - Contractor Management Procedure - Facilities Department (Capital Planning)This Procedure ensures that Victoria University (VU) undertakes OHS due diligence when engaging contractors so that contractors and their employees, sub-contractors or others are not exposed to health and safety risks whilst on VU premises.
- Health and Safety - Contractor Management Procedure - General ContractorsThis Procedure:
(1) Defines the three different types of general contractors engaged by Victoria University (VU).
(2) Provides instruction on how to manage each type of general contractor at VU.
(3) Ensures that VU is not exposing general contractors or others to health and safety risks.
- Health and Safety - Contractor Management Procedure - Outsourcing Major ServicesThis Procedure details Victoria University's (VU) process for engaging contractors that provide major services to VU or on behalf of VU so that these contractor's activities are undertaken safely.
- Health and Safety - Electrical Safety ProcedureThis Procedure:
a. Ensures that Victoria University (VU) has a system established to eliminate or minimise the risk of injury, as far as reasonably practicable, to all employees, students, contractors and volunteers from electrical hazards.
b. Ensures electrical installation and maintenance work is carried out by qualified persons and compliance requirements are met for all electrical equipment and electrical fittings.
c. Ensures that all electrical accessories and installations are safe for use.
d. Provides instruction on controlling electrical hazards for all tasks about work at the University or concerning any activity under the control of the University.
- Health and Safety - Hazard Management ProcedureThe Procedure has been updated to clarify roles and responsibilities and the system of hazard identification, assessment and control, with appropriate record keeping and monitoring.
- Health and Safety - Ionising Radiation Management ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the system established to eliminate or minimise risk of injury as far as reasonably practicable to all employees, students, contractors, visitors and volunteers from exposure to ionising radiation.
- Health and Safety - Issue Resolution ProcedureThis Procedure provides a framework for the timely resolution of occupational health and safety (OHS) issues and is made pursuant to section 73(1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004.
- Health and Safety - Lock-Out and Tag-Out ProcedureThe Procedure has been updated following a scheduled review, and provides a more logical format and order of process, as well as better alignment to WorkSafe guidelines.
- Health and Safety - Manual Handling ProcedureThis Procedure ensures that Victoria University has a system established to eliminate or risk of injury, as far as reasonably possible, to all employees, students, contractors and volunteers from hazardous manual handling to:
a. Describe what manual handling is and how it may be hazardous to people.
b. Prescribe a system of identification of hazards involved in manual handling tasks.
c. Provide instruction on controlling hazardous manual handling for all tasks about work at the University or concerning any activity under the control of the University.
- Health and Safety - OHS Consultation and Participation ProcedureThis Policy recognises that consultation with employees about health and safety is an essential part of the commitment to engage with employees and Victori University's Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) legislated obligation on:
a. Consultation mechanisms which enable communication flow across the University to consult with employees, employee representatives and contractors, so far as reasonably practicable on OHS issues and changes in their workplace that may affect their health and safety.
b. Consultation with other people, including students, visitors, neighbours and others are conducting businesses or undertakings that may be affected by VU's activities.
- Health and Safety - OHS Drugs and Alcohol Policy and ProceduresThis Policy is under review and will be replaced with a new policy or procedure in the near future.
- Health and Safety - OHS Incident Reporting and Investigation ProcedureThis Procedure ensures that:
a. Victoria University, (VU) gathers accurate and timely data on incidents, hazards and dangerous occurrences which have caused injury or illness to any person, or had the potential to cause injury or illness to any person on any University site and in relation to activities under the control and management of the University.
b. VU provides instruction on communication regarding OHS incidents at the University.
c. VU offers practical instruction on when and how the investigation of incidents will be conducted.
- Health and Safety - Permit to Work ProcedureThis Procedure details the operational requirements of the Victoria University (VU) Permit to Work system to ensure that hazardous/high-risk work carried out at VU sites to effectively control all risks and eliminate/reduce the potential harm to people and facilities.
- Health and Safety - Pets on Campus ProcedureThis Policy ensures Victoria University provides a safe workplace for all of its employees, students, contractors and visitors on all the campuses and in relation to all activities under the control and management of the University.
- Health and Safety - Plant Management ProcedureThe purpose of this Procedure is to:
a. Ensure that Victoria University has a system to identify, eliminate or minimise the risk of injury to all employees, students and contractors who use plant, and
b. Explain the policy that is to be used to identify, assess and control the hazards arising from the use of the plant.
- Health and Safety - Staff Immunisation ProcedureThis Procedure:
- ensures that Victoria University (VU) meets the immunisation requirements enacted by legislation, and its duty of care under the VU Health & Safety and Biosafety Policies; and,
- outlines the process for identifying immunisation requirements, accessing vaccinations and the responsibilities associated with immunisations.
- Health and Safety - Tobacco/Smoke Free University PolicyThis Policy outlines the University's commitment to being a Tobacco/Smoke free campus.
- Health and Safety - Working Alone or in Isolation ProcedureThis Procedure has been transferred into the new Procedure template format, with minor amendments made.
- Health and Safety - Workplace First Aid ProcedureThis Procedure ensures Victoria University (VU) provides adequate first aid services for the welfare of its employees, students and visitors on all campuses and in relation to all activities under the control and management of the University.
- Health and Safety PolicyThis Policy has been updated following a review and defines Victoria University's commitment to providing a safe and healthy working and learning environment.
- Higher Degrees by Research PolicyThis Policy has principles and procedures that provide the framework for the admission, enrolment, progression, support and examination of candidates in Research Degrees at Victoria University to ensure that Higher Degrees by Research are delivered fairly, transparently and efficiently.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 1 AdmissionsThis Procedure outlines Higher Degree by Research (HDR) academic criteria for admission, English language requirements, the method for applying and the assessment and offers process.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 2 EnrolmentsThis Procedure outlines Higher Degrees by Research enrolment, re-enrolment, changes to enrolment, auditing of additional units of study and the process for discontinuation of candidature.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 3 Pre-Candidature and CandidatureThis Procedure outlines standard duration, maximum duration, confirmation of candidature and milestones, extensions, advanced candidature, Higher Degrees by Research required coursework, progression from pre-candidature to candidature, changes to and reinstatement of candidature.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 4 ProgressThis Procedure outlines the process for formal Unsatisfactory Progress.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 5 Researcher Development and SupportThis Procedure outlines the processes for Researcher Development and Support.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 6 ScholarshipsThis Procedure outlines the types of Higher Degree by Research scholarships offered, the application, selection and offer process, conditions of awards and variations to scholarships.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 7 SupervisionThis Procedure outlines the supervision procedure.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 8 Thesis RequirementsThis Procedure outlines the components and requirements of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) thesis.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 9 Submission, Examination and ClassificationThis Procedure outlines Higher Degree by Research (HDR) thesis submission, nomination of examiners, examination, amending the examined thesis, and the classification and conferral process.
- Higher Education Academic Promotions PolicyThis Policy aims to appropriately recognise performance and leadership in academic work at Victoria University and supports the career development of academic staff through promotion to higher academic classification levels and should be read in conjunction with the Victoria University Higher Education Academic Promotions Procedure.
- Higher Education Academic Promotions ProcedureThis Procedure sets out the application process and other requirements for Higher Education Academic Promotion.
- Hire of Facilities PolicyThis Policy provides direction about the hire of University facilities.
- Honorary, Adjunct and Visiting Appointments PolicyThis Policy outlines the circumstances and clarifies the conditions under which honorary, adjunct, and visiting appointments may be made at Victoria University (VU). Honorary, adjunct and visiting appointments establish a formal, but not employment relationship between an individual and Victoria University.
- Honorary, Adjunct and Visiting Appointments ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the components and requirements of an honorary, adjunct and visiting appointments and should be read in conjunction with the Honorary, Adjunct and Visiting Appointments Policy.