Browse A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies, procedures and guidelines contained in the Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by management area, keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine in the main menu bar located at the top of this page.
- Health and Safety - Accountability and Responsibilities ProcedureThis Procedure ensures all Victoria University staff understand and comply with their health, safety and wellbeing accountabilities and responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (2004) VIC and reinforced by the Universityâ€™s Health and Safety Policy.
- Health and Safety - Asbestos Management ProcedureThe Procedure has been updated following a scheduled review. It includes updates to legislation, responsibilities, definitions and links.
- Health and Safety - Chemical Management ProcedureThis is the first version of the HSW - Chemical Management Procedure.
- Health and Safety - Confined Spaces ProcedureThis Procedure has been reviewed and includes the following changes:
1. Requirement for externally accredited and current Confined Space Entry and Risk Assessment training for persons signing entry permits.
2. Requirement for all entrants to provide evidence of accredited and current Confined Space Entry training prior to entry.
3. Trained VU Facilities representatives are responsible for assessment and competition of confined space risk assessments and entry permits
4. Requirement for rescue plan and ready access to first aid during confined space entries
5. Update of Confined Space Risk Assessment and Confined Space Permit forms with minor changes and both forms now in portrait
- Health and Safety - Contractor Classification ProcedureThis Procedure classifies the types of contractors who are engaged by VU and directs the Manager or Employee to the appropriate contractor management procedure (i.e. general contractors, capital planning or outsourcing major services). These procedures are then used to ensure the health and safety of contractors and any other people who could potentially be affected by the contractor's activities.
- Health and Safety - Contractor Management Procedure - Facilities Department (Capital Planning)This Procedure ensures that Victoria University (VU) undertakes OHS due diligence when engaging contractors so that contractors and their employees, sub-contractors or others are not exposed to health and safety risks whilst on VU premises.
- Health and Safety - Contractor Management Procedure - General ContractorsThis Procedure:
(1) Defines the three different types of general contractors engaged by Victoria University (VU).
(2) Provides instruction on how to manage each type of general contractor at VU.
(3) Ensures that VU is not exposing general contractors or others to health and safety risks.
- Health and Safety - Contractor Management Procedure - Outsourcing Major ServicesThis Procedure details Victoria University's (VU) process for engaging contractors that provide major services to VU or on behalf of VU so that these contractor's activities are undertaken safely.
- Health and Safety - Electrical Safety ProcedureThe Procedure has been updated following a review, with minor updates to references to legislation.
- Health and Safety - Hazard Management ProcedureThis is the first version of the Hazard Management Procedure.
- Health and Safety - Ionising Radiation Management ProcedureThis Procedure outlines the system established to eliminate or minimise risk of injury as far as reasonably practicable to all employees, students, contractors, visitors and volunteers from exposure to ionising radiation.
- Health and Safety - Issue Resolution ProcedureThis is the first version of the HSW - Issue Resolution Procedure.
- Health and Safety - Lock-Out and Tag-Out ProcedureThis is the first version of the HSW - Lock-Out and Tag-Out Procedure.
- Health and Safety - Manual Handling ProcedureThis version has been put into the new procedure format, with minor changes only e.g. references to OHS legislation.
- Health and Safety - OHS Consultation and Participation ProcedureThis Procedure has been updated following a scheduled review. The principle of employee participation has been added to bring the University in line with AS/NZS ISO 45001:2018.
- Health and Safety - OHS Drugs and Alcohol Policy and ProceduresThis is the current version of this policy and procedures carried across from the discontinued Central Policy Register (disestablished September 2014). This policy is under review.
- Health and Safety - OHS Incident Reporting and Investigation ProcedureThe Procedure has been updated following a scheduled review and includes minor updates to remove repetition.
- Health and Safety - Permit to Work ProcedureThis version follows a full review of the Procedure, updating references and regulations; definitions, scope; clarification of roles and responsibilities; removal of repetition; and moving the responsibility of VU Permit to Work system to the Associate Director, Facilities Management.
- Health and Safety - Pets on Campus ProcedureThis procedure was scheduled for review. Changes made are:
- Addition of working animals in exclusions.
- Change of Author.
- Inclusion of petting animals in procedures.
- Requirement to comply with the Animal Welfare Policy.
- Health and Safety - Plant Management ProcedureThis is the second version of the Plant and Equipment Management Procedure which sits under the Health Safety and Wellbeing Policy.
Main changes are as follows:
- Equipment is defined as inclusive of â€~plantâ€™ rather than a separate item (as per definition in current OHS regulations);
- Definitions have been included in the procedure;
- Roles/Responsibilities â€" further defined and more specific.
- Health and Safety - Tobacco/Smoke Free University PolicyThis Policy outlines the University's commitment to being a Tobacco/Smoke free campus.
- Health and Safety - Working Alone or in Isolation ProcedureThis Procedure has been transferred into the new Procedure template format, with minor amendments made.
- Health and Safety - Workplace First Aid ProcedureThe Procedure has been updated following a review, and includes minor updates to responsibilities; course codes; and inclusion of off-campus first aid requirements.
- Health and Safety PolicyThe Policy has been updated following a review, and defines VUâ€™s commitment to providing a safe and healthy working and learning environment.
- Higher Degrees by Research PolicyThis is the first version of this Policy.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 1 AdmissionsThis Procedure outlines Higher Degree by Research (HDR) academic criteria for admission, English language requirements, the method for applying and the assessment and offers process.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 2 EnrolmentsThis Procedure outlines Higher Degrees by Research enrolment, re-enrolment, changes to enrolment, auditing of additional units of study and the process for discontinuation of candidature.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 3 Pre-Candidature and CandidatureThis Procedure outlines standard duration, maximum duration, confirmation of candidature and milestones, extensions, advanced candidature, Higher Degrees by Research required coursework, progression from pre-candidature to candidature, changes to and reinstatement of candidature.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 4 ProgressThis Procedure outlines the process for formal Unsatisfactory Progress.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 5 Researcher Development and SupportThis Procedure outlines the processes for Researcher Development and Support.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 6 ScholarshipsThis Procedure outlines the types of Higher Degree by Research scholarships offered, the application, selection and offer process, conditions of awards and variations to scholarships.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 7 SupervisionThis Procedure outlines the supervision procedure.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 8 Thesis RequirementsThis Procedure outlines the components and requirements of a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) thesis.
- Higher Degrees by Research Procedure 9 Submission, Examination and ClassificationThis Procedure outlines Higher Degree by Research (HDR) thesis submission, nomination of examiners, examination, amending the examined thesis, and the classification and conferral process.
- Higher Education Academic Promotions PolicyThis is the second version of this Policy to be uploaded to the Policy Library.
- Higher Education Academic Promotions ProcedureThis Procedure sets out the application process and other requirements for Higher Education Academic Promotion.
- Hire of Facilities PolicyThis Policy provides direction about the hire of University facilities.
- Honorary, Adjunct and Visiting Appointments PolicyThis is the first version of this Policy uploaded to the Policy Library. Previously, this Policy was managed via the Central Policy Register (disestablished September 2014).
- Honorary, Adjunct and Visiting Appointments ProcedureThis is the first version of this Procedure uploaded to the Policy Library. Previously, this Procedure was managed via the Central Policy Register (disestablished September 2014).