Browse A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies, procedures and guidelines contained in the Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right document, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by management area, keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine in the main menu bar located at the top of this page.
- Measuring Individual Research Activity - Creative Works as Research GuidelineThis is the second version of the Creative Works as Research Guidelines uploaded to the Policy Library.
- Measuring Individual Research Activity PolicyThe University measures the individual research activity of academic staff. The measure, known as the Measure of Research Activity (MORA), uses established and verifiable research metrics. MORA may be used to assist with individual employee planning and development, determining time made available to individual academics for research purposes as well as for profiling the University's research productivity and performance in order to assist the University to achieve its research goals. The policies details the requirements for measuring research activity and replaces the previously used Research Activity Index Policy.
- Measuring Individual Research Activity ProcedureThis Procedure details the methods and processes involved in calculating each staff member’s Measure of Research Activity (MORA).
- Medals PolicyThe policy has been reviewed to clarify the principles of awarding University Medals, in particular to define 'Excellence'. The Policy and Procedure have also been transferred over to the new Policy and Procedure templates.
- Medals ProcedureThis Procedure has been updated to include further details regarding the process of awarding of the University Medal for Academic Excellence in Research Training, as well as an update to the criteria for awarding of University Medals of Academic Excellence.
- Media - Appropriate Use of Social Media GuidelineThis Guideline provides guidance for staff on the appropriate use of social media and is supported by the Media - Social Media Procedure.
- Media - Social Media ProcedureThe purpose of this Procedure is to:
a. provide direction on how to create and maintain VU social media accounts; and
b. ensure staff and students are aware of their responsibilities when using social media.
- Media PolicyThis is the existing Media Policy and Procedures. This policy is under review.